This site is dedicated to the following convictions:
- Harpsichords are large, tasteful instruments.
- Builders like Sperrhake, Pleyel, Neupert, Challis, Goble, Ammer, Herz, Wittmayer, Sassman, and Goble knew what they were doing.
- If schools of Bach interpretation were laundry detergent, the school of Bach interpretation which culminated in Karl Richter would be the best at cleaning your clothes.
- A single 16′-stop beats a double 8′-stop any day of the week.
- Single-manual period-influenced french harpsichords are to revival pedal harpsichords are to pedal clavichords as soggy pretzels are to crunchy pretzels are to even crunchier pretzels.
- Don’t get me wrong, there’s space in the conversation for soggy pretzels.
Baroque Music links: